I posted the recipe to these delicious macaroons on a previous post,
Here are some step-by-step tutorial photos, I hope this helps!
The best part about these little cookies are that you can style them however,
change the flavors, decorate them however you dang well please.
Enjoy making these little cookies for events,
or for any reason, also be sure to check out the decorating station
towards the end of the post, make a fun event for kids or parties!
Be sure to make lots of different kinds of fillings or jams!
separate the egg whites
beat egg while until they form stiff peaks
sift sugar and almond flower, there will be quite a bit of "excess" chunkier left over, do not use these in the macaroon mix.
Here's the recipes + directions.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla if your looking for extra flavor direction
- Whisk together almond flour and confectioner's sugar and sift over a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar and almond extract or use vanilla extract for extra flavor, beat until medium shiny peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture until combined. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or zip lock bag, cut off 1/2 inch off tip. Pipe 1-inch rounds about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined sheets.
- Let dry 30 minutes to an hour and a half until tops are firm and dry. Preheat oven to 350. Bake one sheet at a time for about 14 minutes, rotating once. Let cool completely.